WRITE FOR SPILL MAGAZINE
If you’re a fan of Spill Magazine and also love writing & having your voice heard, then there could be a place for you here with the Spill Magazine team! We have writers that span the globe — and we are always expanding our ranks with new and fresh talent! We’re currently looking for enthusiastic people who hold a great passion for music and want to get their word out — that could be you!
- Album Reviewers
- Concert Reviewers
- Festival Reviewers
- Social Media Coordinators
- Website developers/contributors
- All of our collaborators get strong recommendations and credentials on behalf of the magazine and editing team, for use at University (for journalism students) or for a future job position as a music publicist.
- We have a ton of former contributors who’ve successfully gotten hired thanks to their work here.
- Reviewers will get a shit load of free albums, for sampling purposes.
- Free tickets to various gigs and festivals are a common thing.
- Various merchandise, like T-shirts, CDs, posters etc will be occasionally sent to Spill Magazine contributors.
- You can write from anywhere, even the comfort of your own bed. After all, we’re just an online publication, so there’s no need to drop by our office or anything like that.
- You’ll be joining a team of talented, like-minded people from which you’ll be certain to learn a lot of things.
- Your writing will be read by approximately 475,000 people each month + 10,000 Facebook followers and 5,000 Twitter fans!
- For those of you who already author a music blog, this can be your chance to publicize it. If you join our team, you’ll get your blog’s name (and link, of course) listed next to your very own name.
- Solid knowledge of the English language, as well as the music scene.
- Enthusiasm and commitment.
- At least 2-3 hours a week worth of spare time.
- Previous experience doesn’t consist a requirement, but if present you’ll be just a step away from joining the team.
The Sad Truth!
Unfotunately, your work here can not be remunerated, as all our positions are strictly on a voluntary basis only. We simply can’t afford it — not just yet! Once we grow enough in the near future we will also be able to reward your commitment with some hard earned cash, too. Until then, you’ll just have to settle with the current benefits (look above again — they’re not too shabby!).
If you’re interested, just drop us off an e-mail at email@example.com. Be sure to put WRITING FOR SPILL – [YOUR NAME] in the email header. We’ll get back to you in less than 24 hours!